When an offshore injury occurs to a maritime worker, it takes a lawyer who has extensive experience in maritime law to make sure the worker’s rights are fully protected.
We understand your offshore injury is stressful enough without having to worry about what legal battle you may have to fight.
Especially if you think you will have to fight to receive medical and financial help. We don’t want you to fight the battle alone.
We have an in-depth understanding of the maritime industry. We know the legal strategies needed to help you collect the money you are owed and obtain the medical care you are entitled to with your offshore injury.
Collectively, we have over 70 years of legal experience. We have battled against the maritime legal issues as high as any rogue hurricane wave.
Don’t try to ride the wave out yourself if you have suffered from an offshore injury. We are the safe legal platform you need.
One of the worst things you feared has happened. You suffered an injury in an offshore accident.
As a maritime worker, you know you need help so you can recover all the money you are owed. There are some offshore accidents we see more often than others. We are sharing these because some of these offshore accidents have many forms and various causes.
They include, but are not limited to;
- Rig injuries – these injuries oftentimes occur while you worked heavy machinery.
- Sometimes there are long hours which cause injuries or rough weather can contribute to an injury.
It may not surprise you that since 2001 there have been more than 69 offshore deaths, 1,349 injuries and 858 fires and explosions in the Gulf of Mexico.
Some of the above injuries occurred with;
- Accidents on the decks and platforms. These injuries and accidents tend to occur when there are cables which swing on raised or open decks. Sometimes a falling object comes out of nowhere and the injury occurs.
- Fire and explosions cause some of the most serious maritime worker injuries.
- Broken ventilation systems can allow combustible fumes to get in an enclosed area which can cause many injuries.
- There is danger around almost every corner om an offshore rig
- Inland Accidents – you can get injured on inland waterways, rivers, and lakes. Injuries to workers that occur on the waterways throughout the Gulf Coast can qualify for maritime legal protection under the Jones Act.
Maritime Lawyer Houston
The Houston port is ranked 1st in the United States for handling foreign waterborne tonnage. Houston also has one of the largest concentration of inland tug and barge traffic in the world.
The Houston port ranked as 1st in the United States for handling foreign waterborne tonnage means they have hundreds of thousands of workers employed in maritime positions.
These maritime jobs are onshore and offshore. But they all revolve around maritime industries.
We are the maritime law firm you can count on to understand the law and the maritime world. We understand the dynamics of your job and why you do it.
We also understand and work with you on getting the financial and medical help you need because of your offshore injury.
We can help ;
- If your injury occurred due to a vessel or maritime work location being unseaworthy.
- If you suffered from the sinking of a boat, a fire that broke out around you, or an explosion.
- If you suffer from exposure to a toxic substance or pollution.
- If you were injured due to a boat collision.
- And many other injuries sustained while at work
We have years of experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases.
We aren’t just a maritime law firm in Houston; we are a part of Houston and the Houston Maritime Community. We live here, we work here, we understand where you are from and the work you do. We are a part of the Houston community.
We give our time and expertise to many non-profits and professional maritime organizations.
We can assist in making sure you are allowed to obtain the medical, rehabilitation, or other treatment you need as a result of your maritime injury.
If you have suffered an offshore injury you have joined a group you never wanted to be in. We understand your concerns about how the injury will impact the rest of your life.
That is why we work with you to fight for all the money you are entitled to.
We meet with you to learn about your injury. We want to understand what you need and find out more about the situation which caused the accident.
We make every client we have one of our personal causes and we become your legal advocate.
If you combine our caring advocacy skills with decades of legal experience in courtrooms the result is the winning combination you need.
It is the responsibility of your employer to minimize your risk of injury. Even if you aren’t sure why or how the accident occurred, we can investigate to determine the facts.
Finding a good way forward is something we do together with you. Because we know compensation is only the first step in making sure you and your family have financial security. There is still your long road toward full health.
What Do I Need to do Next for My Offshore Injury?
Suffering from a maritime offshore injury is frightening. You have no way of knowing when you will be able to go back to work or even if you can go back to work.
There are PTSD symptoms that occur with offshore injuries. We have seen and helped maritime workers get the treatments they need.
Every day you wait after an offshore injury is a day you could have been helped by our legal team towards your healthy future.
Reach out to us today so we can start working with you on what legal steps need to happen next for your case. We will help you fight and challenge the bumpy waves surrounding you