Boating Accident Attorneys in Houston
SEEKING CUSTOMIZED LEGAL SOLUTIONS FOR INJURED VICTIMS & THEIR FAMILIES
If you were injured in a boating accident or your loved one was killed due to the negligence of another boater, contact Stepp & Sullivan, P.C. as soon as possible. Our experienced legal team can help you pursue the full, fair compensation you are owed for your injuries, pain, and suffering. We seek personalized strategies that are tailored to each client’s unique needs and goals.
How Boat Accidents Occur
Due to the recreational nature of boating, many people fail to follow boating laws and safety regulations designed to protect people on the water. Unfortunately, this can have catastrophic consequences.
Some of the most common causes of boat accidents include:
- Operator error
- Inexperienced boat operators
- Operating a watercraft while under the influence of alcohol
- Failing to keep a proper lookout
- Carelessness and inattention
- Excessive speed
- Violating navigational rules
- Failing to see and/or avoid hazards in the water
- Underage boat operators
- Defective boat parts or equipment failure
- Insufficient safety devices
In addition to recreational boat accidents, commercial ship accidents can and do occur for a variety of reasons. Collisions with other watercraft, improper training or supervision, alcohol or drug use, and other factors can all lead to serious commercial boating accidents.
Types of Boat & Watercraft Accident Cases We Handle
At Stepp & Sullivan, P.C., we represent individuals injured in all types of watercraft accidents, including those involving commercial vessels, recreational boats (including both motorboats and sailboats), Jetskis, Sea-Doos, WaveRunners, and more.
Our firm can represent you if you were injured in any of the following types of boat or watercraft accidents:
- Collisions with other boats, personal watercraft, and/or vessels
- Collisions with fixed objects, such as rocks or docks
- Grounding, flooding, or swamping accidents
- Defective vessels/parts or faulty safety equipment
- Water-skier/wakeboarder accidents
We also represent the surviving family members of those killed in boating incidents, whether by drowning or as a result of severe injuries. It is important to note that the above list is not exhaustive; if you were involved in any type of boat accident, Stepp & Sullivan, P.C. can help.
Call Our Office for a Consultation
A boat accident has serious and often lifelong consequences for victims and their families. The impact of such an accident can take a physical, emotional, and financial toll on everyone involved. Here at Stepp & Sullivan, P.C., we strive to ease the aftermath of your accident by helping you recover the just compensation you are owed. Our experienced boat accident lawyers in Houston are available to answer your questions and provide you with honest, individualized legal counsel throughout the legal process.
Schedule a Free Boating Accident Phone Consultation
On the next screen, you will be able to view our calendar and choose a convenient time.
Why Stepp & Sullivan
- Over 60 years of combined legal experience.
- Full service law firm to help our clients in a variety of areas.
- Providing solutions that are tailored to meet each client's needs.
- Client focused approach, clients are always updated on their case.
Protect What Matters Most!
Call (713) 336-7200 to speak with an attorney and learn about your options.