Estate Planning Attorneys in Houston
HELPING YOU CREATE A ROCK SOLID PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
While no one likes to think about the possibility of future incapacitation or death, it is important that you have a comprehensive plan in place in the event that either occurs. A sound estate plan not only ensures that your assets and properties are secure, but it also protects your family and loved ones. Your estate plan can also outline how you would like to be cared for in the event that you are unable to care for yourself.
While estate planning can seem daunting, the process does not have to be overwhelming. At Stepp & Sullivan, P.C., we assist members of the community from all walks of life with all aspects of estate planning. Whether you are interested in drafting a Will, establishing a trust, or creating a healthcare directive before a major surgery, our Houston estate planning attorneys can help.
Schedule your Initial Consultation with one of our Lawyers.
On the next screen, you will be able to view our calendar and choose a convenient time to speak with one of our attorneys.
Our Estate Planning Services
There are many different aspects of an estate plan. Your plan should be tailored to you and your unique situation. Here at Stepp & Sullivan, P.C., we offer custom estate planning assistance that takes your circumstances, needs, and goals into account.
Our lawyers can assist you with the following and more:
- Wills, including Simple, tax-planned, pour-over, and Codicils
- Inter vivos trusts
- Testamentary trusts
- Supplemental needs trusts
- The alphabet soup of tax-planned trusts such as ILITs, QPRTs, CRATs, CRUTs,and beyond
- Guardianship for disabled minors about to turn 18 years old
- Guardianship for elders
- Powers of attorney
- Business succession planning
- Reviewing “pre-need” contractual arrangements for the funeral process with the death care industry
- Advising on retirement community contractual arrangements
- Assisting charities in the probate process with charitable bequests left to them
- Converting probate assets into non-probate assets
- Confirming beneficiary designations are in place for retirement accounts and other institutional accounts
Put 70+ Years of Experience to Work for You
We also offer a broad range of elder law services for seniors who wish to create or modify their estate plans, as well as legal assistance for individuals navigating the probate process. With over 70 years of combined experience,our Houston estate planning lawyers understand the various complexities of estate planning in Texas.
We can help you weigh all of your options and determine the best solutions for your situation. Our firm has assisted single entrepreneurial clients with significant assets, owners of small family-owned businesses bring the next generation into the business, LGBT couples, seniors, parents, and many others with their particular estate planning needs; find out how we can help you today.